Airbnb is a worldwide platform and therefore it supports all the major global currencies. You can select your national currency as your default currency which is then used to show the prices on the Airbnb app and website. However, if you visit a new country and want to see the prices in their local currency then you can always do that by changing your default currency in Airbnb to the local one. If you don’t know how to do it then you can read this article to know the steps.
Recommended: Airbnb Alternatives
Change Currency On Airbnb
For this, you can use either your desktop or mobile. However, we are going to share the steps for both. First, we are discussing the steps for PC/Mac, if you are using the app then you can skip to the later part of this article.
1. On your Windows PC or Mac visit Airbnb. Log in to your account if not done already. Now click on the Terms, Privacy, Currency & More tab at the bottom right of the home screen.
2. After that, select the currency button at the bottom right corner.
3. Now, from the currency selector window select your preferred currency.
4. As you do that, you will see that the prices on your Airbnb account will show in the selected currency.
So that’s how easy it is to change your default currency on Airbnb on your desktop.
On Airbnb Mobile App
We are using an Android phone for showing you the steps here, however, you can also use the same steps on your iPhone.
1. Open the Airbnb app on your phone and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
2. Next, under Account settings select Payments and Payouts.
3. Now select Currency and then select your desired currency from the list that shows up on the next screen.
With this, your default currency will be changed and the price will be shown accordingly.
Can You Change Your Payout Currency?
Sadly no, you can not change your payout currency on Airbnb as it depends on the billing address you have chosen while verifying the payout method. The payout currency does not depend on the local currency where the listing is located.
This means that even if you change your default currency to see the prices in some other currency on Airbnb, you will still have to make payment in your national currency or the currency where your bank is located.
Airbnb always provides the best features to its users worldwide and showing prices in different currencies is one of them. You can change your default currency anytime you want even before booking as well.