With 55 billion messages exchanged on WhatsApp every day, there’s no doubt that most of our communication happens there. Among the chats of contacts that are important to you, there might be a few that bother you and you don’t want to receive any messages from them. Or you are uncomfortable while sharing your WhatsApp details with those specific people. To get rid of them WhatsApp allows you to block contacts. In this guide we let you know how to block or unblock contacts on WhatsApp from Android or iPhone.
The steps are same for both Android and iPhone with cosmetic changes. We are going to use iPhone for this article. Let’s get to it.
Block Contacts on WhatsApp
If you only want to hide your information like display picture, last seen etc. from certain contacts then there is no need of blocking follow the hack mentioned in this article. But this won’t stop those people from messaging you if they have your WhatsApp number. Here’s how you can block them on WhatsApp.
1. Open WhatsApp and select Settings tab present at the bottom right at the time of writing.
2. In Settings, tap on Account.
3. Under Account settings select Privacy.
4. Now, tap on Blocked.
5. On the next screen, tap on Add New… and select the desired contact. Repeat this step to block multiple contacts.
There is one more way to block a contact on WhatsApp.
- Open the conversation with the contact you want to block.
- Tap on their contact name at the top to go their Contact Info.
- Under Contact details screen, tap on Block Contact followed by Block to confirm.
Similarly, you can go to other contact’s info screen to block them.
Later if you want to unblock contacts you can do so by following the steps below.
Unblock Contacts on WhatsApp
It is possible to unblock someone with the same two ways we used to block.
Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked > Tap on the contact > Unblock Contact(at the bottom of the screen for iOS).
Or directly go to Contact info screen and select Unblock Contact.
If you are looking to get yourself unblocked then have a look at this WhatsApp guide.
We hope that you were able to block or unblock contacts on WhatsApp. If you have any queries then drop a comment below.