In this tutorial, we will let you know how you can hide or block someone from your Snapchat story. You know this is useful if you don’t want your boss to see your story on Snapchat. You can simply block the desired people on Snapchat to prevent them from viewing your story but as it can easily be figured out if someone has blocked you on Snapchat. Hence, it can be an uncomfortable situation for you when your boss or a friend finds out that you have blocked them. That said, we have mentioned both the ways where you can only hide or block your story from specific people or block them on Snapchat completely. You can always unblock later if desired. We’ve covered the steps for that too.
Without any further ado, let’s get rolling.
1. Block Someone From Snapchat Story
Using this method you are only hiding your Snapchat story from someone and not blocking them on Snapchat. So, only your Story will be hidden from specific friends on Snapchat and you can still send them snaps or texts privately.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone and tap on your Bitmoji or story thumbnail (if any active) at the top left to go to your profile.
2. Under your profile, tap on Settings(Gear icon) at the top right.
3. Next, under Settings, you will find Who Can… Select View My Story under that.
4. To hide your Story from the public you just need to select Friends. But in this case, we want to hide it from specific friends so select Custom.
5. Now, select the friends/people from whom you want to block the Snapchat Story. On selecting the contact, it will be marked with a white cross in a red box.
Now, just use the back arrow to save the changes.
Next time you upload Snapchat story it will be blocked from the users you selected above. You can always unblock them from your Story whenever desired by following the same steps and unchecking them at the last step. They will again start seeing your Story once you unblock them.
Another thing I noticed is that after uploading a story even if you unblock someone they will still won’t be able to view the story which you uploaded when they were blocked. They will only be able to see the stories you upload after they are unblocked.
If you are an Instagram user too then you can also go through block Instagram Story from specific followers.
We hope that you were able to successfully block someone from viewing your Snapchat story using this tutorial.
Now, let’s look at the steps to block or unblock someone on Snapchat.
Updated: With the steps for the redesigned Snapchat app.
2. Delete Or Block Someone On Snapchat
Here we have covered the procedure for the scenarios like the people who you are friends with, people who have chatted with you and users who have added you. So, let’s look into how you can block and delete each category of users. Also, we have mentioned the steps to unblock someone if you change your mind later.
Option 1: User With Who You’re Friends with
- Open Snapchat app and tap on the chat icon at the bottom left.
- Now, tap on the new chat icon at the top right.
- Here, you will be able to see all your friends on Snapchat. Press and hold on the friend you wish to block or remove. You can also use the To: field at the top to search and find them quickly.
- Now, press and hold on their name until you see a pop-up. Here, select Settings(Android) or cog icon(iPhone).
- After that, tap on Block or Remove Friend as desired and confirm your decision.
Note: Blocking someone will restrict them to view your story or send you snaps. A removed user can still view your story or send messages depending on your privacy settings.
Similarly, you can block or delete other friends if you wish.
Option 2: Someone Who Has Added You
Use this method, if a user has added you but you haven’t followed or added them back.
- Launch Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji or Ghost icon to go to your profile. If you have uploaded a story then you will see story thumbnail.
- Under your profile, tap on Add Friends.
- Now, by default, you will be under the Add Friends tab. Here at the top, you will see the Added Me section. Tap on Show More to see the complete list.
- Next, find the desired user in the list and press and hold on their name.
- On the pop-up, tap on Settings.
- Finally, select Block and confirm by tapping on Yes.
Option 3: Block Someone With Whom You Had A Conversation
- Open Snapchat and tap on the chat icon at the bottom left or swipe right.
Now, there are 2 ways you can go about it.
- Long press/tap on the desired person’s name.
- Tap on the cog icon(iPhone) or Settings(Android) on the pop-up and select Block or Remove Friend to delete them if added.
- Tap on their name which will take you to the conversation screen.
- Next, tap on the Hamburger icon at the top left and select Block or Remove on the navigation menu.
If you change your mind later then you can also unblock someone on Snapchat.
3. Unblock Someone On Snapchat
The screenshots and steps used here are from the Android app but you won’t see any significant change in iPhone.
1. Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji at the top left. If you have an active story then you will see your story thumbnail there. Tap on it.
2. This will get you to your profile. Here, tap on the cog icon at the top right.
3. Now, in Settings, you will find Blocked under Account Actions. Tap on Blocked.
4. On this screen, all the people or friends you have blocked so far will be listed. In order to unblock them tap on the X icon next to the user, you wish to unblock.
5. Confirm your selection by tapping on Yes on the pop-up box.
That’s all there’s to it! The person will be unblocked. Similarly, you can unblock other users if desired.
Now, make sure you add them back a friend and they also accept your request or vice versa. After that, you can start Snapchatting as usual.
We hope that you were able to block or unblock someone on Snapchat or just hide your story If you face any issues then hit us in the comments section down below.