Fed up with inappropriate comments from few of your followers or other users? You can always turn off comments on Instagram posts to avoid that but then no one will be able to comment. And where’s the fun when there is no engagement. Isn’t it? To help us with this, Instagram has quietly rolled out a useful setting that allows users to block comments from certain people on Instagram posts.
Comments are fun but more often than not users find it a way to leave spam and disturbing messages. If you are facing something similar then use the steps below to keep specific users from commenting on your photos or videos.
Block Comments From Certain People on Instagram
Both public and private accounts can turn off comments for specific users. Here’s how.
For this tutorial, I have used steps and screenshots from the iOS app but it’s almost the same for Android.
Before proceeding, I recommend you to update the Instagram app to the latest version from respective app stores.
- Launch the Instagram app and go to the profile screen by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right.
- Under profile tap on the cog icon(iOS)/3 dots(Android)
- In Options, come down till you see Comments in the Settings section. Tap on it.
- At the top, there is a new Comment Controls section introduced. Tap on the number shown next to Block Comments From label.
- On the next screen, type in the name of the specific user. The user may or may not follow you but you can still search and block them. Same is the case if you are following them or not.
- Typing the username will bring up that user with a Block button next to it. Tap on it.
That’s all there is to it. Similarly, you can block other desired users from commenting.
When the blocked users comment on your photos or videos the comment will be automatically hidden and will not be visible to anyone but them.
Later if you change your mind you can unblock users from commenting from the same place and use Unblock option.
We hope that this new option in settings is going to prove useful for you. Don’t forget to share the article on social media to let others know about the handy feature.