After cloning the status feature from Instagram and Snapchat stories, WhatsApp has now copied the stickers offered by these two apps. In the latest update, WhatsApp has added time and location stickers. So, not all of the stickers, yet! As Instagram and Snapchat offer a host of other stickers like temperature, poll and more apart from location and time. The two new stickers introduced on WhatsApp can be added to photos, videos or status. In this guide, we will let you know the simple steps to add time or location stickers on WhatsApp from Android and iPhone.
The feature has been rolled out for both Android and iPhone app. So, make sure you’re on the latest version of the app by going to the respective app stores.
Add Time Or Location Stickers On WhatsApp
We have used the steps and screenshots from the iPhone app but there are only slight changes on Android, nothing significant.
Sending Photo Or Video To Contact Or Group With Stickers
1. Select the conversation of a friend or group.
2. After that, select a photo or video from the Camera Roll or use the WhatsApp Camera to capture the image or record a video as you would normally do.
3. When you have the desired photo or video tap on the smiley icon at the top row (indicated in the screenshot below)
4. Now, you should see a new section – “Stickers” above Smileys. Under that, you will get new time and location stickers. Tap on the desired sticker to add it to the photo or video.
Note: To use the exact location on the location sticker you need to turn on location services on your phone or else you can move the pin on the map to add a fake location.
5. When the sticker is added you can adjust its size using pinch and zoom. It is possible to add multiple stickers in the same post. To do so, tap on the smiley icon again and select the sticker.
If you want to remove the added sticker press and hold it and drag it to the trash icon that appears at the top left corner.
Pro Tip: You can change the sticker color and style by tapping on it when it is added to the photo/video.
Add Stickers To WhatsApp Status
There is not much of a difference here from the above method. All you need to do is go to the Status tab and start adding something to your status. Alternatively, you can even start adding to your status directly from Camera Roll or Gallery.
After you select or capture the media then you can simply use the smiley icon to add stickers as explained above.
Once you have added the stickers to your post then you can send it to your friends in chat or upload to your status as usual.
Apart from this WhatsApp has also added the possibility to search group participants but that’s only for iPhone as of now.
We hope that you were able to add time and location stickers on WhatsApp. In future, WhatsApp may add even more stickers like there on Instagram and Snapchat. Do you like the new stickers on WhatsApp? Share your experience in the comments below.