Who has not been waiting for GIFs on the popular Stories platform(it’s safe to call it that now), Instagram? After a long period, Instagram finally gives its users what they have been wanting for so long. GIF it is! With the latest update, both iPhone and Android users can add GIF to Instagram Stories. The GIF stickers will allow you to paint your stories even more. Here’s how to use it.
The GIF support for stories is added in the Instagram app version 29.0. So, make sure to update the app from the respective stores for Android and iOS. After updating to the latest version it’s as easy as pie to add GIF to your photos or videos in stories.
Add GIF To Instagram Stories
1. Launch the Instagram app and head to the in-app Camera. You can do so by swiping right on the news feed or simply tap on the Camera icon at the top left.
2. Take a photo, record a video or upload from your phone’s Gallery/Camera Roll as usual.
3. After that, tap on the Sticker icon at the top. You will see a new GIF option. Tap on it.
4. By default, the next screen will show you the trending GIFs on GIPHY. If you wish you can use the search bar at the top to search the GIPHY library.
5. Once you find the best GIF for your story, tap on it and it will be added. You can even add multiple GIFs sticker if desired.
Finally, you can post it as your story or send it privately in DM as you would normally do.
If you are looking to post GIF in your normal posts on your profile then you can go for the methods given here.