Instagram rolled out the poll sticker in 2017 which allowed you to create polls in your stories. As poll was well liked by the users, recently Instagram have introduced sliding emoji poll. Many times, Yes or No in the poll is not the answer you’re looking for but a little more feedback than that. For instance, you would like to know how good is your new dress or shoes instead of just asking – are they good or not. And the new sticker provides just that. Apart from the slider which is there for measuring quantity, there is this emoji to help others understand the context of your question. You can select the emoji of your choice depending on your question that will be shown with the slider. Here’s our quick guide to help you use and add emoji slider sticker on Instagram stories from Android and iOS.
Before going ahead don’t forget to update your Instagram Android and iPhone/iPad app to the latest version 44.0 or later. After you’ve done that hop onto the steps below.
Use Emoji Slider Sticker On Instagram Stories
The process is similar to adding any other sticker like poll or temperature.
1. Open the Instagram app and go the stories camera by tapping on the Camera icon at the top left or swipe right on the news feed screen.
2. Take a picture, capture a video or add media from phone’s Gallery/Camera Roll as you would usually do. You may even use text/type story.
3. Next, tap on the sticker icon at the top.
4. After that, you should see emoji slider sticker among other stickers. Select it.
5. Now, select the desired emoji you want in the slider. You can see all the emojis by swiping left or right on them. It is also possible to select a different emoji which is not shown in the list by tapping on the + icon.
6. Next, write your question. Once done, add hashtags, filters, text, draw as usual and finally post it to your story or send it via Direct messages.
To see the information and feedback you need to open your story and swipe up as you would do to see the people who viewed your story. In this case, you will see the data in two sections – Answers and Viewers.
The Answers section will show the name and username along with the answer of the people who gave the feedback and Viewers section will, as usual, show the users who saw your story. At the top of these two sections, it will show the average of all the answers.
The latest emoji slider takes the polls to another different level. What do you think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.