More often than not the added text in Instagram Story is not visible properly because of the photo or video background. To make it clearly readable or standout, there’s an option to add background to Instagram Stories text. You can choose a color for the text background. Moreover, there’s also a possibility to put semi-transparent background apart from solid one if desired. In this tutorial, we’ve covered the steps to add background to text on Instagram Story from Android and iOS and all other options related to it.
Add Background To Instagram Stories Text
The screenshots used here are from the iPhone but the method for Android is more or less the same.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to the in-app Camera. You can do so by tapping on the Camera icon at the top left or by swiping right on your news feed.
2. Capture photo, record video or upload one from your phone’s Gallery/Camera Roll.
3. When you have the desired picture/video then tap on Aa icon at the top right and type the desired text.
4. After you’ve completed writing the text, you can select the text color from the palettes at the bottom if desired. Now, on the same screen tap on the A enclosed within a box at the top center.
5. There you go! A box will be added to your added text. You can choose the color for it according to your liking from the different color options at the bottom.
6. To make the text background semi-transparent, tap on the A icon at the top once more. When you are satisfied with your text and it’s background tap on Done at the top right corner.
Easy-peasy, isn’t it?
Recommended Read: How to Pin Stickers or Text on Instagram Stories Videos
We hope that you were able to add background to Instagram stories text. If you found the tutorial helpful then don’t forget to share it on social media.