Untold YouTube Tricks and Facts power users should know
YouTube is an amazing video sharing website used by more than 1 billion people around the globe. YouTube is used by wide variety of users for different purposes like TV serials, Music Albums Videos, used by bloggers to share their views through video and more. With such high usage of YouTube video sharing service, I would like to share a few unknown YouTube tricks which are pretty useful to know. In this article we will be mentioning about YouTube basic facts, interesting things you can do with YouTube, tricks and secrets of YouTube you are not aware of.
Basic YouTube Facts
Following are the basic facts about YouTube which will improve your knowledge related to YouTube.
- Jawed Karim, Steve Chen and Chad Hurley former PayPal employees are the founders of YouTube
- YouTube was founded on Valentines day i.e. February 14, 2005
- YouTube was bought by Google in November 2006 for US $1.65 billion.
- The first uploaded YouTube video is Me at the Zoo by one of the founders of YouTube Jawed Karim on April 23, 2005. It is a 19-second video and is the oldest YouTube video.
- Most subscribed user/ channel on YouTube is PewDiePie with over 38 million subscribers. PewDiePie real name is Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg and is Swedish.
READ ALSO: Linkedin Untold Facts you need to know
YouTube Tricks and Secrets
In this section, we will share unknown YouTube facts or secrets which are fun to try. Also, YouTube hacks to perform a variety of operations are listed.
Interesting or Fun Facts
- Get the YouTube to do Harlem Shake which is also one of the popular YouTube channels with funny, powerful and crazy dance videos. To make YouTube dance like Harlem Shake use the YouTube search box and key in do the harlem shake. Press Enter and YouTube will start bouncing and dancing on a soundtrack for 30 seconds.
- One of unknown YouTube search tricks is Luke Force the YouTube. In order to do that type in use the force luke in search box and press Enter
- Get YouTube to show you search results in an animated way like a beam of light coming through a window. Use the following phrase in the search box: beam me up scotty and press Enter.
- Make YouTube search results colorful and appear in different font styles with the phrase doge meme in the search box.
These were few hidden YouTube search tricks. Now let us look at YouTube tricks and hacks.
READ ALSO: 10 Amazing things you can do with Google
- You can watch YouTube adult videos without verifying your Age. In order to do that remove watch? in the URL of the video and replace v= with v/ For instance if the URL of the video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=testvideo then the URL to view YouTube video without verifying the age will be https://www.youtube.com/v/testvideo
- Start a video from a specific time. In some situations, you might want to watch the video from a certain time in the video or share it with someone from that point. In order to do that add #t=02m15s or ?t=02m15s at the end of the YouTube video URL. For instance, URL https://www.youtube.com/testvideo will become https://www.youtube.com/testvideo#t=02m15s and if this URL is used then the video will be played from 2 minutes and 15 seconds. You can even embed YouTube video with specific start time on your blog or website.
- Download YouTube videos directly without using any software.
- Replay YouTube videos automatically without pressing replay button. This is useful when you are obsessed with a video and want to watch it over and over again.
These were the hidden YouTube tricks and other basic facts about the video sharing website. Which trick you find most useful and amazing. Do share if you know more tricks apart from those shared in the post.