How to secure your Gmail Account from Hacking
With over 500 million Google mail users and increasing threat of someone getting access to your Gmail account it is necessary that you should go ahead and secure your Gmail account and prevent Gmail account hacking.Google provides you with a security setting to achieve this where you can set up a two step verification to log in to your Gmail account.
Beauty about setting up 2 step verification for your Gmail account is that even if someone gets to know your gmail password still he/she won’t be able to access your account. This is because once you set up 2 step verification,signing in to your account will not only need a password but also a code which will be sent to mobile number of your choice you set. TechUntold would like to share the procedure as to how you can secure email service and prevent Gmail account hacking.
Secure Gmail Account from Hacking
To prevent Gmail account hacking you need to set up a 2 step verification process in your account. Follow the steps given to enable 2 step verification for your Gmail account.
1. Log in to your Gmail account. Click on your profile picture and select Account. Settings will open in new Tab of your browser.
2. Select Security from the top Menu on Account Settings page. In security Tab you can see Password Box .Here in Password box there is an option of 2 step verification.
3. Currently it will show disabled for you. But you can enable it by clicking on the Setup link right beside it.
4. On clicking on Setup link you will be taken to introduction page which explains about the use of setting up 2 step verification. Click on Start setup. You will be asked to re-enter your password. Enter your password and log in to your account.
5. Now you can start with the process to activate 2 step verification for your Gmail account. Enter the mobile number on which you want to receive codes while logging in. You can also select whether you want voice call or a text message to give you the code. Select whichever is suitable for you. Click Send Code after entering the mobile number.
6. You will receive a verification code on your mobile number you mentioned in the previous step. Enter received code in the next step to verify your mobile number and click Verify.
7. In this step,you can select whether or not to make the computer on which you are working Trusted or not. Making it Trusted will mean that when you log in to your gmail account using this computer , then the code won’t be necessary and you can log in as usual with the password.Choose the option accordingly and click Next.
8. Last step is just the confirmation click Confirm and go ahead.
You are done enabling your 2 step verification for your Gmail account. Additionally you can add back up numbers if for some reason the number you selected goes out of service. Also if anytime you feel like deactivating/disabling 2 step verification,you can do so by going to security settings>2 step verification>settings and there will be a option to Turn Off.
We are sure with increasing threats of hacking Gmail accounts you would like to secure your Gmail account from hacking. So, go ahead and enable 2 step verification process and prevent Gmail account hacking.