How to set custom ringtone in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
Widely used messaging service WhatsApp allows you to set different ringtones for different groups as well as contacts. This feature is useful when you want to get notified by the sound of notification itself whether it is of priority or not. Suppose you are a part of few groups out of which your intervention in one of the groups or an individual chat is of utmost importance, then you can set a different ringtone for that group or individual contact/chat so that by listening to the sound of notification itself you know that you need to check it as fast as possible. This article will let you know about how to set WhatsApp custom ringtone on iPhone and Android.
Previously, custom notifications could only be set for WhatsApp groups. However, with WhatsApp update in iOS on August 5th, 2015, the feature is also available for individual contacts/chats wherein the user can set custom notifications for individual chats too.
Don’t Miss : How to hide Chat/Groups in WhatsApp
How to Set WhatsApp custom ringtone
In order to set different message alert sounds for different groups follow the steps given below :
WhatsApp Custom Ringtone for Groups on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp and Tap on the conversation of the group for which you want to change the ringtone.
- On conversation screen, tap on the Group Name on top of the screen. This will open up Group Information.
- Under Group Info you will find Custom Notifications. Tap on it.
- Under Custom Notifications, tap on the Message Sound and select a new message alert sound for that group.
- Tap on Save at the top right corner after selecting the desired message tone.
WhatsApp Custom Ringtone for individual contacts / chats iPhone
Similarly, to set a custom ringtone for individual contacts select the contact or individual chat instead of the group for which you want to set a different ringtone. The rest of the procedure is the same as groups mentioned above.
Set WhatsApp Custom Notifications for Contacts and Groups on Android
WhatsApp custom notifications feature was introduced recently in WhatsApp. To make use of this feature you need to update your WhatsApp to 2.16.376 or later.
1. Open WhatsApp and select the conversation of the desired group or contact for which you want to change the message tone.
2. Go the Group/Contact Info screen. Select Custom Notifications.
3. On the next screen, check Use Custom Notifications.
4. Now tap on Notification tone under Message Notifications and select the desired tone.
On Android, you can even Change ringtone of WhatsApp calls by tapping on Ringtone under Call Notifications and selecting the desired ringtone.
You are done setting up a WhatsApp custom ringtone for groups and individual contacts on iPhone and Android. Do you find setting custom ringtones for WhatsApp contacts and groups useful? Share your thoughts via the comments section below.
Thanks for using TechUntold!