How to lock Apps in iPhone
If you are looking for app to lock apps in iPhone then there is no need of that as Apple provides an inbuilt feature to lock apps in iPhone. In this article we will explain about the same useful feature of locking Apps in iPhone which many of you might not know. After going through this post you will get to know how to lock Apps in iPhone without using any additional application from App Store and even without jailbreak. The same feature will also work if you are looking to hide apps on iPhone. Moreover, you can also control what all features are available to use for a particular application, meaning you can also lock specific functions present inside an App.
How to lock Apps in iPhone
The feature which will allow you to hide apps in iPhone is named Guided Access. In order to enable Guided Access follow the steps given below :
- Go to Settings and Tap on General
- Under General select Accessibility.
- In Accessibility if you scroll down you will find Guided Access. Select Guided Access
- Under Guided Access toggle Guided Access to ON
- Turning Guided Access On will give an option of Passcode Settings. Select it
- Here by selecting Set Guided Access Passcode you can set Passcode which will be used while locking and unlocking Apps.
Don’t Miss : How to get Siri to read anything out loud
With this you have successfully enabled Guided Access feature and now you can lock Apps with the procedure given below :
- Open the App which you want to lock. For instance take Messages App.
- Now to Start Guided Access and lock Messages App triple click the home button.
- Triple clicking on home button will give you options where you can restrict features within an app as shown below. This is the best part of this feature. You might have seen apps which lock other applications but to lock features within an app is quite new and different.
- For example we have taken Messages Application, tap on Options at bottom left corner as shown above and Toggle Keyboards to OFF. You may turn off other features depending on your choice. With this you won’t be able to use Keyboard inside Messages App. Tap on Done.
- Moreover, you can circle out areas within an app which you would like to disable. In our example lets circle out and disable Edit so that no one is able to delete Messages.
- After setting all this up Tap on Start present at top right corner of the screen. Enter the passcode which you set earlier in order to start Guided Access.
Don’t Miss : Top 10 iOS 8 Features you might not know
This is it! You are safe to hand over your phone to a kid, friend or employee with whom you are not comfortable to share other information/apps in your phone. With the settings we made above the user will not be able to use Edit feature.
and also will not have access to keyboard so cannot type messages either. Moreover, he/she cannot navigate to other apps or even Home screen. The use will be limited to just Messages App.
To end Guided Access triple click on home button and enter Passcode. Tap on End at Top left corner of the screen.
Guided Access feature is really useful when you to hand over your phone to a kid to make him focused only on reading a book in iBooks, or to a friend/colleague and not want him/her to see your other apps.
We hope that you loved to know about such a useful feature and now you know how to lock Apps in iPhone without use of any other application. We wish that you learnt more than what you expected as you can now even lock features within the app apart from locking the app. Let us know if you face any problems.