How to hide Instagram direct message seen or read receipt
In this tutorial, we share a simple trick which allows you to hide Instagram direct message seen or read receipt. Instagram has a feature which helps to know whether a message has been read by the recipient or not. If for some reason you don’t want the sender to get the “Seen” when you read their Instagram Direct message then continue reading.
How to know if your Instagram Direct message is read?
You can easily know if someone has read your direct message on Instagram. If “Seen” appears below the message you sent then that means the recipient has read it, otherwise not.
Also, if there are multiple users in the conversation then an eye symbol will appear with the Instagram username who have viewed your message.
Now, what if as a recipient of a message you do not want the Seen to appear when you read the message? Follow the steps below.
Hide Instagram Direct Message Seen
Similar to hide Seen in Facebook messages, there is no direct setting or option to hide Instagram messages read receipts and you need to follow the below workaround.
1. As soon as you receive the direct message, you will get Instagram push notification. Do not tap on it.
2. Open Instagram app and tap on Instagram Direct icon at top right corner.
3. Instagram Direct conversations will load. Do not open the conversation for which you want to hide the read receipt.
4. Turn Off WiFi or cellular data(disconnect from the Internet completely)
5. Now select and open the conversation where you want to read the message and at the same time don’t want to alert the sender with Seen receipt. You will be able to view the message.
6. Leave the conversation and switch on Internet.
Sender won’t get Seen even though you read the message. Moreover, you switched on internet and can use Instagram Direct.
However, please note that as soon as you open that conversation with the internet turned on, the sender will get the Seen under their message.
We wish you found this trick useful to hide Instagram Direct message seen. Share your thoughts in comments section below.